Thursday, December 31, 2009

I've had to come to grips with the fact that you just don't like me.
And it's been like this for a great amount of time cause,
you got reasons not to like me.
See alot of what I did in the past is stored in your memory.
The ugly stuff resurfaces to your mind as I walk up to a micraphone.
Is it really your dislike for me
are you holding your breath hoping something I say will reveal a hidden piece of your history?
Remove a little bit of YOUR mystery?
Or is it just that crabs in a barrel,
super imposed ego demon that you carry in your spirit?
I see the God in you,
when I look for it.
But those demons got me steering clear of you.
You be on some fakeness,
make me wanna snear at you.
It appears that you have decided to judge me harshly.
For being true to how I feel?
You so fowl....
I don't even want my kids around you.
And they love you,
they wanna stop by and kick it with you.
But I can't stand to let them be influenced by you.
We supposed to be fam.
We share a tattered history,
you act like you don't know who I am.
And Imma try to keep it cool but truthfully it hurts.
Cause my hearts desire was for all of us to put in work.
Instead we keep dividing,
when we should be stacking our worth.
And what's worse,
Is you would rather pretend there's nothing wrong,
when YOUR hurt.
You got just as many mistakes in your past,
you may have been a litte worse.
But as I stand here,
spilling my guts about my self worth.
I project my own insecurities onto you.
Because I am from Milwaukee,that's what we do.
We wait on checks
we hustle ourselves sick
we go to the emergency room too much
we have several names on our paternity tests to cross off
we get raped and see that dude most every day,
cause he still stays around the way
we got beef with people from high school,
to the club,
to the office.
we sleep with eachother's men
we got hella STD's
we loose a fight,
and continue that fight
on sight
till we kill eachother or get locked up
we are holding on to a high school title for the rest of our lives
we live in the closet,
out the closet,
and in and out of the closet
we copy everything
we won't certify it unless it came from NY or LA

But Milwaukee? What are we?
We are a town founded on entitlement programs.
People came here from around the world
to poke
and prod
our poor.
We are the home of the great migration.
The hood migrated here to take advantage of the free money.
We have raised
generation
after generation
after generation of poverty
we are enslaved.
again.
And no matter how far you have come in this place,
your livelihood will thrive in direct proportion to the increase or decrease of government aided programs funneled into this place.
And if you don't stop FRONTING Milwaukee,
like you are too good to go and work with the people enslaved and help to set them free from bondage,
the longer you will be
in bondage.
There is a time and place for everything.
And now is the time to take our people out of the machine as the fuses.
We must stop the blatent disreguard for our people.
Now's the part when you say you don't like me.
I'm too pushy.
I'm acting like I run things over here.
If you don't like me, that's cool.....

I am from MILWAUKEE, you just don't understand what I've been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment